Exceeding EPA Standards
Astec baghouses deliver superior performance and efficiency, while helping your facility meet the most stringent clean air standards. They remove particulates from the exhaust stream to efficiencies greater than 99.5%, and lower emission to less than one quarter of EPA standards.
The baghouse supplies air to an asphalt plant and removes exhaust and dust created by the process of drying aggregate and mixing asphalt. Astec baghouses reliably supply precisely the required amount of air for the most efficient operation. The air volume supplied to the aggregate drying process governs production capacity and efficiency of your facility.
Features & Benefits
- Three styles: portable, relocatable and stationary
- Exceeds EPA standards
- Heavy-duty foundations
- Choice of primary collector – cyclone or inertial separator
- With pulse jet cleaning, no bags have to be taken out of service for cleaning
- Bags made specifically for Astec guarantee reliable performance thanks to superior fibers
- Key parts of the baghouse are simple to access and service, which saves both time and money
The Astec portable baghouse is designed as an integral component of the Six Pack® portable hot mix plant. Built-in running gear, high-rise air bag suspension and retractable plate foundations eliminate hassles. Portable baghouses are available in a range of capacities.
Modular construction and built-in steel foundations eliminate onsite fabrication and make setup of the relocatable baghouse fast and easy. Relocatable baghouses are delivered on steel plate foundations, ready to be set off on a paved site or concrete pad. Modules are designed for quick assembly.
Stationary plants provide a high degree of flexibility for customized layouts and special features. The stationary baghouse is supplied with steel legs to grade. The legs are anchored to your prepared concrete foundations.
Baghouses are the equipment of choice for particulate control of hot mix asphalt plants. The typical HMA facility baghouse consist of a fabric filter system enclosed by a steel structure. The basic technology of a baghouse is simple. The exhaust stream passes through the fabric filters before it enters the atmosphere. Dust does not pass through the felt walls and accumulates on the outside of the bags.
Today's baghouses routinely meet the most stringent emissions limits. Baghouses also offer economic advantages and better utilize the aggregate by returning dust to the mix instead of wasting it.
1) Gas stream exits the the drum mixer or dryer through duct and enters primary dust collector (inertial separator of horizontal cyclone) for removal of course material.
2) From the primary dust collector the gas stream moves into the baghouse entry chamber. The gas stream slows and disperses in the baghouse
3) Negative pressure in the plenum above pulls the dust-laden air through the filter bags. The fine dust collects on the outsides of the bags.
4) Periodically, bursts of air are injected into the tops of a few bags at a time. Dust breaks free and falls into the hopper/s to be removed by screw conveyors/s.
5) The cleaned gas stream travels through the plenum and exits the baghouse through the exhaust stack.
Astec Baghouse for Hot Mix Asphalt PlantsThe complete Astec baghouse system consists of a primary dust collector (cyclone or inertial separator), an enclosed fabric filter structure (baghouse), and a draft package which includes fan, Variable Frequency Drive and duct work.
Collect and Return Fines to the MixThe design of an Astec baghouse collects coarse fines and small fines separately to minimize wear of baghouse components.
Capable and DependableNo one builds a better baghouse than Astec. That means you can count on efficient and reliable performance when you choose an Astec baghouse.
Simple, Straightforward UpkeepLike all Astec products, the baghouse is constructed of high quality materials to stand up to the demands of high production. An Astec baghouse also makes maintenance easy with well thought out access doors.
The Cleaning ProcessLike all Astec products, the baghouse is constructed of high quality materials to stand up to the demands of high production. An Astec baghouse also makes maintenance easy with well thought out access doors.