- Perform function checkout on each individual console, power panel, motor control center, and completed control house to ensure compliance with current standards and National Electric Code (NEC).
- Serve as a technical advisor for each manufacturing bay and field service personnel.
- Notify Electrical Engineering of any design or drawing discrepancies.
- Notify Mechanical Engineering of any design or drawing discrepancies.
- Notify Controls Engineering of any computer system or programming discrepancies.
- Maintain and correct as-built electrical prints for all current jobs and retain prints from completed jobs for a period of 2 years.
- Review Work Orders and subsequent Supplements to ensure each plant component is manufactured as specified.
- Perform both physical and functional inspections on Checkout PAD erected plants for mechanical, electrical, and operational completeness.
- Notify the Director of Service of any particular issues that may be expected and require rectifying in the field.
- Maintain record of inspected electrical enclosures and corresponding UL sticker number.
- Assist Electric Shop Foreman in new employee training.
- Assist with new field service technician initial training.
- Work with vendors to develop and implement new product lines.
- Develop configuration data for new vendor products and distribute information to the Service Department.
- Work with soil remediation plants to develop a record for configuration numbers for all controllers on each control loop.
- Work with Service Department and Electrical/Controls group to set up tests to gather future process information.
- Be able to fulfill all duties and responsibilities as described in the Service Technician job description.
- Travel to customer job sites and perform evaluation of plant erection, commissioning, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Be available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for customer and Astec personnel assistance.
- Will be required to perform any and all other tasks related to Summary description.
- Follow company policies and procedures at all times.
- Follow proper safety rules and procedures at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Management and/or supervisory experience required.
- Must have Electrical Knowledge of Motor Controls, Electrical Trouble Shooting, and Astec Blending Controls.
- Electrical proficiency to include AC/DC theory, power distribution, power transmission, motors, digital electronics, and controls required.
- Knowledge of erection equipment, to include cranes, riggings, and communication skills related to erection required.
- Knowledge of and skills to read mechanical, electrical, and electronic blueprints and designs required.
- Thorough understanding of hydraulic principles to include pumps, valves (control), cylinders, hydraulic motors, and hydraulic circuits and symbols required.
- Thorough understanding of pneumatics to include air compressors, air preparation, air distribution, directional control valves, cylinders, pneumatic circuits and symbols required.
- Thorough understanding of combustion principles to include fundamentals, fluid flow/flow measurement, air/fuel ratio, heat transfer, emissions/flue gas analysis, air/fuel piping, and controls required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment, techniques, and testing related to the HMA industry required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve issues in the most positive fashion for all parties concerned is required.
- Basic arithmetic skills required.
- Strong computer/network literacy to include installation, use, and troubleshooting required.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Experience in an electrical/electronic environment where extensive analysis, troubleshooting, and repair is required.
- Minimum 10 years experience in construction equipment, manufacturing, or related fields required.
- Prefer 5 – 10 years experience in the HMA industry.
- Experience in working alone, or in small groups, and being comfortable with independence on the job is required.
- Minimum high school diploma required; minimum 2 years in post high school education, such as trade or vocational school preferred; electrical related associate degree highly preferred.
- Must be able to work satisfactorily as a team member.
- Must be able to meet regular attendance requirements.